2. Spread out pistons the assembled with rods and new piston rings in such order that a set of rings corresponded to that cylinder in which the gap will be measured and in which the checked rings will be established.
3. Insert the top ring into the first cylinder and push the piston bottom inside so that the ring in the cylinder became perpendicular to its axis. Push a ring on such depth at which the edge of a skirt of the piston will be made even to the demountable plane of the block of cylinders then get the piston.
4. Measure a gap by the probe and compare result to standard.
5. If the gap is too small, then accurately file ring end faces a thin file.
6. If the gap is higher than norm, then be convinced that the ring corresponds to this engine and dimensional group of the cylinder.
7. Repeat the procedure for each ring of the first cylinder, and also for rings of other cylinders. You store the rings and pistons corresponding to the same cylinder together.
8. After selection of rings, measurements and corrections of a gap of a ring can be installed on pistons.
Always observe the instruction of the manufacturer of rings as different manufacturers recommend different procedures of installation of rings for the piston. Do not mix the top and lower compression rings which have different profiles.
9. The oil scraper ring is established by the first.
10. Establish a dilator in a flute.
11. Then between a dilator and platforms of a flute of the piston establish one after another the top and lower disks of an oil scraper ring.
12. Establish the lower compression ring.
13. Establish the top compression ring, it is correct it having oriented. If the ring has symmetric section, then arrange it so that the identification tag was turned up.